The following is a list of educational links and resources to assist you and your family on your path to health:
For a list of local Wellness Partners Click Here
(Disclaimer-some of the following may contain affiliate links to amazon.com. There is no difference in the final price to you but the office may get a small token payment--usually an amazon giftcard which we use to buy office supplies. Most of these, however, are links to free resources and informational websites.)
Posture and Ergonomics:
- True to Form: How to Use Foundation Training for Sustained Pain Relief and Everyday Fitness by Dr. Eric Goodman. Excellent primer on posterior chain activation and using your body effectively to reduce pain.
- Gokhale Method-Primal Posture(tm) For a Pain Free Life Book: 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot
- Gokhale Stretch Sit Cushion great for fixing the back of most car seats
- Organic Buckwheat Hull Pillow a fully adjustable solution that is excellent for side sleeping
- Spark by Ergodriven Standing desk solution for @$20
- Logitech Keyboard and Mouse combo external keyboard and mouse essential for laptop use.
- Readaeer Adjustable Foldable Laptop Stand Desk Table nice portable inexpensive and fully adjustable solution to raise your laptop to an ergonomic height.
- VARIDESK - Height-Adjustable Standing Desk - Pro Plus 36 - Black If you have a little more to spend this is a great solution to place on your existing desk to have a quickly and fully adjustable way to alternate from sitting to standing.
- Because you should shift and move your feet while standing: Topo by Ergodriven | The Not-Flat Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat with Calculated Terrain [Must-Have for Any Standing Desk] Here's a smaller size if you're limited on space: Topo Mini by Ergodriven | The Smaller Not-Flat Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat with Calculated Terrain
- Foundation Training-Redefine Your Core, Conquer Back Pain and Move With Confidence website with youtube video instructions
- Whole30: Whole30 program rules Can changing the way you eat for 30 days change your life? For me and those of my patients who have tried this the answer is yes. Much of inflammation is caused by the foods we eat and I have first hand experienced a significant reduction in pain and increase in energy levels. Weight loss of about 15 pounds was a bonus as much of inflammation manifests as swelling/edema/water weight. Most of the information is free online. Is it easy? No. Worth it? Definitely Yes!
- Coconut oil info: http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-c...
- Which foods should you buy organic and which are OK conventional if you are on a budget? Check out the "Dirty Dozen" list here.
- Article: Is Flaxseed Oil Good or Bad For You?
- Article: How To Store Fruits and Vegetables to Keep them From Spoiling
- Nifty little gadget to cut your veggies into noodle like spirals: spiral slicer
- Katy Bowman's minimalist footwear list: https://nutritiousmovement.com/shoes-the-list/
- Xero Shoes: I've been wearing and recommending these since finding out about them in early 2013. I was very excited when they came out with closed toe versions in 2016. They are amazingly comfortable for everything from walking around the house to hiking and running marathons. They also give the proper proprioceptive feedback to your body and brain so your body works the way it should. Since switching to less structured shoes I have noticed a significant decrease in my low back and sciatic nerve pain and an increase in energy. They are also very inexpensive and start out at $19.95 per pair. To get yours- Xero Shoes
- Huffington Post Article-How Flip Flops Are Killing Your Feet
- If you’re in the market for an inversion chair for spinal decompression, you want to look for a chair rather than a table similar to something like this: Health Mark IV18600 Pro Inversion Therapy Chair (this happens to be the exact model I have at home that works very well)
I continually update this page when I find something new or interesting, so check back often!